Grants Information

The Application Process


Post-Award Policies

Accounting and Reporting

  1. For Federal Funding
    • The Controller’s Office keeps accounts, files intermediate financial reports as required for federal funds, files final financial reports at the end of grant period.
    • The principal investigator is responsible for filing a summary of research results with funding agency as required with copy to the Provost’s Office.
    • Requests for an extension of a grant period may be filed through the Associate Provost, or directly with the granting institution.  Budget revisions should be requested in writing to the Associate Provost.
  2. For Private Funding
    • The Controller’s Office keeps the financial accounts.
    • The principal investigator/project director, with the assistance of the Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations, submits all required reports to the funder, including intermediate and final narrative and financial reports.
    • Copies of all intermediate and final reports should be filed in the Provost’s, the Controller’s, and the Corporate & Foundation Relations Offices.

Transfer of Equipment

Faculty who leave Williams and wish to take externally-funded equipment with them must make that proposal to the department chair who then negotiates with the Dean of the Faculty in consultation with the Provost. The Controller’s Office must be notified so they can enter the disposal of the assets from governmental and College records.

Resources to Help Find Funding

Funding Resource Databases

Subscription Services

Public Databases

Selected Fellowships & Research Funding Opportunities by Discipline