All proposals for outside funding, both from public sources such as NSF or NEH and from private organizations and foundations, must be reviewed by the Provost’s Office prior to submission.
The Proposal Routing Form outlines the required areas of consideration necessary for the College to endorse the proposal. To expedite the review of your proposal for external funding, the proposal routing form should be submitted with the proposal at least one week before the mailing deadline.
- The Williams College policy required by the Drug Free Work Place Act of 1988.
- The Williams College policy concerning Conflict of Interest.
- The College policy regarding scientific misconduct.
- Project directors with proposals that include funding for students during the summer, should be sure to include funding for room & board for those students. The current summer stipend for student research assistants is $3700 ($370/per week plus room).
- The most recent calculation of the fringe benefit rates.
- The indirect cost rate, for grants after July 1, 2012, is 62.5% of direct salary and wages. These rates are to be used in all externally funded projects.
Questions? Call Chris Winters at x4352 or e-mail Chris.Winters@williams.edu.